Financial Controller (Controlling or Audit Experience)
Important Education group is looking for a Financial Controller Junior with some Audit experience.
The Group is currently seeking a Financial Controller in Spain to oversee and co-ordinate the finance function of its business, primarily focusing on accounting, financial control and cash management.
The Group operates a decentralized accounting process with each of it schools performing the majority of their accounting and financial management duties and taking overall responsibility for maintaining their accounting records. The Sales and marketing function is mostly centralized (Head Office) with marketing, admissions, invoicing and credit control teams feeding all of the schools. The Group operates separate accounting records for its Head Office and for each of its School operations.
The role of the financial controller will entail the following key tasks (amongst others):
- Establishing, fine-tuning, documenting and communicating the accounting processes across the group in order to ensure consistency in accounting and financial reporting across all centres and also ensuring that the processes are efficient and lead to accurate reporting. The financial controller will regularly review the accounting records of the schools, providing guidance and feedback, formulating process, and training the schools on matters of accounting and financial procedure.
- Driving and co-ordinating the regular process of recording Sales and Accounts Receivable ("AR") transactions across the group. This process will require: (a) generating regular reports from the ERP system and determining the accounting entries; (b) recording the accounting entries at Head Office level; (c) communicating the accounting entries to be posted at School level; (d) performing a monthly reconciliation of revenue and AR balances between the ERP system and the accounting records.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the accounting for Head office transactions, including marketing, admissions and management spend as well as movements of cash between head office bank accounts and the schools.
- Ensuring all intra-group balances are fully reconciled at month-end.
- Managing and co-ordinating bank balances and bank accounts across the group and ensuring that all bank accounts are properly reconciled to the relevant bank statements.
- Overseeing group credit control and ensuring that the proper processes and controls are in place to monitor customer credit and AR balances.
- Preparing monthly consolidated reports and management accounts and developing a monthly management pack and presenting it to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and liaising with auditors/tax advisors in relation to the annual filing requirements.
- Assistance in developing a monthly budget and subsequent reforecasts, as necessary.
Key competencies and characteristics
The Financial Controller should:
- Be an energetic and focussed self-starter who can work on his/her own initiative, and constantly seek better ways of achieving the organization’s goals.
- Possess the drive and ambition to grow with the Group.
- Be comfortable in anticipating the needs and aims of management and able to communicate effectively and constructively.
- Have a strong general finance background ranging from basic book-keeping to management accounting, budgeting, reporting and financial statements.
- Have an advanced level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft office tools.
- Have a good understanding of VAT and general tax compliance.
- Have good communication/negotiation skills and be comfortable dealing with customers, vendors, banks, auditors, etc.
- Be practical and goal oriented.
- Must be proficient in Spanish and preferably strong in English too.
- Should have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role.
- Should ideally possess an accounting qualification/degree.
Ofertas de empleo recomendadas
Banda salarial: NegotiableUbicación: BarcelonaFecha de publicación: 3 de noviembre de 2022Desde Walters People finance, Tax and Legal nos encontramos en búsqueda de un asesor contable fiscal para empresa en pleno Barcelona. Tus funciones serán: Constante contacto con la cartera de clientes. Asesoriamiento y consultoria con el cliente. Liquidación de impuestos. Programas: SAGE, A3. Perfil buscado: 4-6 años de experiencia. Experiencia gestionando el ciclo contable entero (impuestos incluidos). Nivel alto de inglés. Perfil inquieto con ganas de seguir creciendo. ¿Qué ofrecemos? Contrato indefinido. Oficinas en Barcelona centro. Salario: 30-35K B/A. Si estás interesado, enviame tu CV a firstname.lastname@example.org
Banda salarial: NegotiableUbicación: BarcelonaFecha de publicación: 3 de noviembre de 2022Desde Walters People finance, Tax and Legal nos encontramos en búsqueda de un asesor contable fiscal para empresa en pleno Barcelona. Tus funciones serán: Constante contacto con la cartera de clientes. Asesoriamiento y consultoria con el cliente. Liquidación de impuestos. Programas:, A3. Perfil buscado: * 4-6 años de experiencia. * Experiencia gestionando el ciclo contable entero (impuestos incluidos). * Nivel alto de inglés. * Perfil inquieto con ganas de seguir creciendo. ¿Qué ofrecemos? * Contrato indefinido. * Oficinas en Barcelona centro. * Salario: 30-35K B/A. * 1 día de teletrabajo. Si estás interesado, enviame tu CV a email@example.com